What is Cloud Computing ?
Cloud computing is a general term which involves the delivering of computing and storage capacity. This Technology assign the responsibility for doing services with a software, user’s data and computation on a network. This Services are divided in to three types 1. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), 2. Platform as a Service (PaaS) and 3. Software as a Service (SaaS).
This cloud Technology allows us to store files and documents, maintain and access the files at any computer with an internet connections. Now a day’s everyone is sure that cloud Technology is the main key for the coming future of IT. The Very typical of a cloud technology is Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail and etc. Many business owners are switching to cloud technology to store their files online. But there are many advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing.
Advantages of Cloud Computing :
1. Cloud Computing is the best cost efficient method to maintain, use and also to upgrade. Normally desktop software’s charge companies a lot. Adding the multiple user licenses to the software is also very costly and increases the company’s expenditure.
2. On the other hand, This Cloud Technology is more cheaper and also reduces the company’s expenditure. Here you can pay only for the cloud space you need.
3. You can also get the unlimited storage according to plans provided by the cloud provider. You need not to worry about the running out of the disk storage or to increase your current storage.
4. It is easy to access the information all over the world using internet connection. You can also give access to any one and also share the documents to your office staff more easily.
5. In the Cloud software is integrated automatically, that means you need not take much efforts to customize your application. Here just you need to pick up those software and services which is suitable for your business.
6. Although your complete data is stored in the cloud it is very easy to take backup and restore of files. It is much more easier then storing in the physical drive.
7. Cloud Computing can also decreases the Company’s carbon discharges by 35%.
Disadvantages of Cloud Computing :
As there are many advantages which are mentioned above, there are disadvantages of cloud computing also.
1. As you know the data can be accessed by anyone and at anytime. But sometimes this cloud system can have some serious disturbance so you cannot access your files from cloud. This will be rare when you choose a reliable provider.
2. The other main problem in the cloud computing is Security. Before implementing this technology, you must know that you are submitting all the company’s information to third party cloud provider. This may put your company in to the great risk. So make sure that you choose right and a reliable provider to keep your data totally secure.
3. Storing data in the cloud may make your files exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed even after updating your virus database. So this is also the main drawback and also puts your company in to great risk. So be careful while choosing your Cloud Service Provider.
Final Conclusion :
As every services, the cloud Technology has its advantages and disadvantages. Implementing this service is a great asset for your company but if you don’t know properly to use it, it may harm your files. So make sure to use this technology after understanding the services and how to use it properly. Share your Experience of Cloud Computing by commenting below.